Without exaggeration, a cheesesteak is so tastefully superb that it would be nearly impossible for you to miss this treat once you get an idea about its availability nearby. Good thing is that the filling of this sandwich doesn’t involve bulk of ingredients; still, it provides a fulfilling sensation that would give a pleasant end to your appetite.
The ingredients for this sandwich are:
- 1 lb. thinly cut hanger steak
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 3 – 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 hoagie rolls
Preparation of Cheesesteak
- Make sure that thinly cut meat is in partially-frozen state. Now cut it into ½ inch wide strips, and then further cut those strips into 1 inch long strips. You can use a chef’s knife for the cutting process; however, a meat slicer would make this job more convenient. Knife would take more time but it’d still do well.
- Pour a little amount of oil in the pan and start frying peppers and onion. Keep frying and stirring until the onions and peppers become gleaming with a little brown edges. When done, remove onion and peppers from the pan.
- Pour some more oil and form a coat of it in the skillet. Add the meat cuts to fry. Spread them and do not stir. Let them get a little brown on sufficiently high heat. Since the meat is thinly cut, the process shouldn’t go beyond a couple of minutes. Do not let the meat to be overcooked.
- This step involves further cutting of meat in the pan with the help of spatulas. You will need two spatulas for this process.
- Hold the meat strips with one spatula while cutting it into half with another, in order to make evenly squared bits of meat. Turn all the meat bits over in the pan in order to fry them from both sides. Let the meat be further cooked but for no more than 30 seconds.
- Now add the mixture of onion and peppers in the meat and mix all of these ingredients with each other. Use the spatula to form a line of this mixture in accordance with the size of hoagie roll because you will be putting the roll on this cheesesteak later. Cover it with the slices of cheese.
- Let the cheese melt and then turn off the heat.
- Now it’s turn for the opened roll to be placed over the cheesesteak. Use spatula to fit all the ingredients inside the roll and then turn it in a way that roll’s top touches the pan and cheesesteak mixture shows up. Close the other side of roll for the cheesesteak to be sandwiched inside.
That’s it. The mouthwatering, easy to make cheesesteak sandwich is ready. It’s better without the sauces but it’s up to your taste.If you are in Texas and looking for the best cheesesteak dallas, you should try Philly Cheese Steak. You will love it!